Frequently Asked Questions
How often does the magazine come out?
Where can I buy it?
– See our stockists page, or buy from our online store and save the hassle.
What does the title BAD IDEA mean?
– Over the next 25 years the answer to this question will be revealed letter by letter on the spine of the magazine.
I live in Estonia and your magazine isn’t distributed here yet. Can you send me copies?
– To order copies internationally try our online store, which mails to every country in the world, including unrecognised post-Soviet republics and axis of evil nations.
Ordering and Subscriptions
I’m a retailer and I would like to stock your magazine. Who should I contact?
– Contact our distributors Comag (UK), Disticor (US, Canada), Selectair (Australia, NZ), or talk to us direct by sending an email to email@example.com.
I’m a teacher and I’d like to use your magazine as a resource for my students. Do I have to pay a different rate if I want to buy a subscription?
– Feel free to show the magazine to students, but if you’re using the magazine as a teaching resource or set text, then you’ll need to order an institutional subscription through your school library. Institutions and libraries pay a separate rate for subscriptions. To order use our online store, or contact Swets online using their online ordering system at www.swetswise.com. Alternatively, you can call Swets direct at 01235 857 500, fax 01235 857 501, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’d like to see your magazine in our university library. How can I get them to order an institutional subscription? Does it cost more than a personal subscription?
– Institutions and libraries pay a separate rate for subscriptions, and if you ask for copies they are likely to order them in. Most libraries order subscriptions using Swets, a company that manages institutional subscriptions. For details of how to order an institutional subscription via Swets, see the answer to the question above.
I’d like to write a piece about BAD IDEA. Who should I contact about interviews, and can you send me past cuttings?
– We’re happy to help with your enquiries. Simply send an enquiry to email@example.com, or call the BAD IDEA office on +44 (0)207 254 0298.
How can I advertise in the magazine? What are your display rates?
– Contact our Advertising Sales Director, Sten Cummins, with all enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a media pack?
– Yes, available on request.
Can you put my creative agency on your mailing list?
– Because of the volume of requests we receive, we cannot send free issues to your agency unless there is an obvious or realistic possibility of us working together.
I would like to commission you guys for a project or a consultancy. Who should I contact?
– Please direct all enquiries to email@example.com.
I’d like to contact one of your contributors about possibly doing some work for my publication. What are their contact details? Do you mind my asking?
– We’re happy to put you in touch with anyone who has contributed to BAD IDEA, also to discuss serial rights to our articles. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.